Monday, May 20, 2013

Not so good

Yesterday I got my dad to help me bend the side around the bottom...just to see if they matched before beginning the "stitching".  They matched quite well...until the side snapped right along the scarph joint. SNAPPED! This is...not so good.
Luckily they did snap along a seam, so fixing was not too much of an issue. I glued it back together with epoxy today...but the question now is whether it will snap again, and whether the other side will snap.
I have a theory that if you begin attaching the side to the bottom at the joint and work outward, it might not break. But this just an idea.
This also means II could not begin wiring yesterday as I had planned. It also meant I cannot wire today, because I must now wait for the glue to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment