Sunday, May 5, 2013

Two Days Contrasted

I am not a morning person. It takes a good bit of coffee and an hour or two to get me really ready for the day (and happy to be out of bed.) However  the rest of the John family are early-risers, up with the sun, almost. So when I found myself unwillingly awake before 9 am on a Saturday, and in the garage shortly after, I was, well, slightly grumpy. (I had wanted to work on the boat this weekend, but was not more specific, so I guess I deserved this for being vague.) I also had somewhere to be in an hour and a half, so I was under pressure of time. Suddenly, I just felt like I was being told what I should do, when. and how.

I compare this with today, where I decided, early afternoon, to head out to the garage willingly, and do some epoxying. (Another story altogether.) Because it was not painfully early, and because I was working because I chose to, I was so happy to be out there doing it. I worked for almost two hours, and got a lot done.

No comments:

Post a Comment