Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Idea of The Week

I'm still waiting for the plans...which should be here by tomorrow or Friday. I am so impatient for them to get here! I'm so curious to see what they look like! I've been thinking and researching a lot about the wood to order, and narrowed it down to the Sailing Center, but we're having a little bit of a communication problem, so hopefully that will be resolved soon. My new idea of the week was, once I get the plans, to build the boat out of cardboard, as a practice sort of, like a muslin in sewing. If I do this, I will hopefully avoid making silly mistake later on in the project. It will also give me something productive to do while I wait for wood to come.

1 comment:

  1. Julia, this sounds like a great idea!I never would have thought of this myself if this were my project. I hope this practice so called "round" turns out the way you expected and everything else plans out accordingly as well as the parts coming in on time. Good luck! It never hurts to try!

    ReplyDelete