Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Steam Box Pictures!!!

Finally, Some steam box pictures!! 
Here is the tank, which would be filled with water. I need to make a hole just about where that yellow sticker is. But how to make a hole in a metal can?

The full contraption-The actual steam box-or the white piping sitting on top of the compost bin-is 4 foot 9 1/2 inches long. So, I'll be needing to extend this. 
 Below the red tank is the propane turkey fryer-the only part of this I'm pretty doubtful about.
This is looking inside the steam box. The picture is turned on its side...but you can see the bars that go across so that the wood can be heated evenly. Pretty neat!

This is where the steam box connects with the tank of water..

Another "looking inside" view. Kind of a cool picture. 

The ends are capped off very nicely...and are easily unscrewed in case it gets too hot and steamy inside the box. The "not for pressure" labels all over the PVC piping are a little disconcerting, but I trust Roger, the man who lent this to me. 

1 comment:

  1. You're so resourceful! I'm looking forward to seeing how your steambox works out! I know that there are drill-press attachments for cutting metal (depending on the size of the hole), I'm pretty sure I have some in my fathers shop I could look for if you want me to.

    ReplyDelete