Monday, March 25, 2013

Gleaning from the Past

Finally, the Gleaning from the Past entry. The idea was that we would read a journal, narrative, and research commentary of someone who had completed WISE previously. This entry is a little late, but I still remember the journal I read quite well. I read the journal of a girl who graduated in 2004, and her project was building a dollhouse. I saw some similarities between the two of us. She too did not have much experience with woodworking, she was working closely with her father, and she had trouble keeping readers up-to-date with what she was doing. I know that I don't necessarily put everything in my journal, but after reading hers, I see that details are very important. I also saw that she got quite frustrated quite often with her dad because they often disagreed on the best way to go about things. Things usually went his way. I kept wishing she would have been more assertive. Not that I plan on any disagreements, but I know I struggle to be assertive as well. I think that reading a journal was a great thing for us to do-It's a reminder to try not to be to boring when we journal, and a reminder to explain vocab words and ideas as if the reader has no idea what your project is.

No comments:

Post a Comment