Monday, March 4, 2013

Barnsong

Today in class we watched a documentary about a student who built a barn as his WISE project. The cool thing was that while he was building the barn, another student was creating the movie that followed him through his process, so it was really the story of two intertwined projects. I really enjoyed seeing it. I see now that a WISE project really can take any form you want, that it might take longer than you expect, and that you don't necessarily need to a finished product by the end-this student raised his barn in August of that year. I was amazed at how ambitious this project was. If this kid could go from the trees in his woods to a finished barn-then I give him a ton of credit. It's awesome! I makes me think that I can definitely build a canoe. The footage from the movie was beautiful-it captured all the details, like you were there in the woods cutting down trees too.
From these two projects, I see the amount of dedication and love that went into each. It makes me wonder how everyone's projects will turn out, as well as my own. I'm curious to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment