Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday

Just a few thoughts from class today:

We talked a bit about blogging and journaling- what the appropriate amount to do is, what we should be journaling about, etc.  I was impressed by Maria's post on her blog on how she was disappointed in her classmates for not blogging as often as we all should, and I'm glad Ms. Lord shared it with the class. I know I may be slacking a little in my own journaling, and so I will be trying a bit harder to keep up with that.

We also talked about the "Gleaning From the Past" assignment that was due today. We were each given a copy of the journal, narrative, and research commentary of a past WISE project and were asked to evaluate it. I read a project from 2004 on building a dollhouse. Today, Ms. Lord asked us to list:
2-3 gems of the project
The love this girl put into her project, what she learned about her relationship with her father
2-3 oops could've gone better
I wish she'd been more assertive. She was doing this project with the help of her father, and whenever they disagreed, everything always ended up his way. You could tell this was not okay with her, but she never did anything to change it, and you could tell she desperately wanted to be in control of her own project.
2-3 things you're going to borrow
I should borrow her lack of procrastination, and her excitement for her project.

No comments:

Post a Comment