Monday, April 15, 2013

4/15 Wise Class

Today in class Ms. Lord told us that she didn't know what she wanted to be when she grew up. A lot of the class seemed a little confused by what she meant, because after all, she is a grown-up. But for some reason, this made a lot of sense to me. I think sometimes were sent the message that you should play, learn, experiment, ask questions and make mistakes when you're young, and then move on to more serious things. For some reason, kids believe adults already know all the answers. I'm not an adult, so perhaps I'm quite off, but I would think that there is always chance to change, grow, try out new things. Isn't there always the question of whether what you do every day is right or wrong? Isn't there always the mystery of what you'll be doing next and how you'll end up there? I found Ms. Lord's statement refreshing, especially as our class leaves the high school in June and heads off for new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment