Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mentor Meeting

Today I met with Mr. Heurich, and we talked a lot about the epoxy. We're both nervous about using it-even more so after reading about experienced boat builders coughing up blood because of lung irritation. We agreed that this is something I should probably do with someone else. My dad and I could do it at the end of next week-which is kind of far away. There are many other things that I could do in the meantime, however.
I also emailed Teg, the man I interviewed in the beginning who has built boats, asking if he haas any recommendations on how to best use epoxy.
My Heurich and I also looked into renting a respirator. We called a couple of places around town, the words "hepatitis" and "turbuculosis" were tossed around, and we discovered that no one rents them out. Home Depot sells them for $27. In addition, we thought that wearing a tyvek suit would be a good idea. These cost about $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment