Thursday, April 25, 2013

It isn't that scary, after all

I emailed Teg, the boat builder, asking if he has any advice on how to use epoxy. He called me back within an hour, and we talked for 25 minutes. He was so helpful. He uses epoxy all the time, and went over everything I'd need to know, while I frantically scrambled to write it all down. He always eased my fears about the fumes and the danger it can cause. He told me that a respirator is not necessary, but maybe a carbon filter mask would be a good idea. Because he filled me in on the exact process, from mixing, measuring, glueing, clamping, etc, I feel a lot more confident that this is something I can do by myself. The big thing is that the weather has to be right. A slight breeze, and somewhere between 60 and 80 degrees. Fingers crossed that happens soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment