Monday, April 29, 2013

"Need Motivation? Declare Deadlines"

We were given an article in class today on deadlines. I am a procrastinator, so deadlines are probably a great thing for me to create for myself. Unfortunately, I always procrastinate on setting the deadlines as well. I think I do fear the disapproval of others when I do not meet deadlines, and I often convince myself that the pressure of doing things last minute means I am more efficient and productive. These are probably just excuses, and setting deadlines would definitely be a good thing for me to try doing.
I wish the article had gone into more depth on what motivates people, but like the other said, he had a deadline to meet, and pushed his article off.

1 comment:

  1. What about the article's couple of suggestions for pushing you to meet one?

    Could you swing handing $100 to a friend as leverage?

    Ms. L ;)

    ReplyDelete