Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sounds

It's probably a strange sight to see a high school girl sitting in her driveway in the middle of the city trying to build a boat. However, as a pedestrian, it's probably made even stranger to hear her talking to herself about wood and lines and where she left the cup of coffee she brought outside with her.  It seems that when I'm working on the canoe, I have a running conversation going with no one in particular. I comment on the weather, talk to the sun, and tell the wood how much I love the wavy lines in it. Sometimes I sing, which is frightening, and I hope no one has had to hear that, for their sake. Though I'm muttering my thoughts out loud, I also like to listen. I like to guess which animal is causing the leaves behind the garage to stir, and hear the crinkling of the wind in the trees. I like to eavesdrop on the conversations of people passing by, and guess how fast the cars driving by are going. Mostly, I just like being outside, even though that still means bundling up in a couple of sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment